You figured out to make the switch from fried chicken and pizza to asparagus and steamed fish as you evolved into a health conscious person. At this point, we are intending to push you a little bit further for your journey to become healthy and fit.
If you are getting tired of the usual foods that you eat, then perhaps it’s time that you branch out and try some other things. The truth is, there are so many foods out there that many consider being weird. Weird or not, there are many unusual food out there that are in fact good for you. If you are excited about trying new food while staying fit and healthy, here’s a list for you:
1. Wheatgrass – it’s technically a grass so many people have a reservation when it comes to this food. However, it is considered to be healthier than any vegetable you could eat and is a terrific antioxidant.
2. Kimchi – this iconic Korean food is certainly exotic for many people. Kimchi is simply fermented vegetables and is full of fiber and Vitamin C.
3. Kumquat – The kumquat is identical to the orange; but, it’s much smaller sized and more like oval in shape. It’s also rich in Vitamin C and fiber.
4. Cherimoya – it’s hard to eat and to pronounce but this fruit is very good for you. It tastes like a banana and it is packed in Vitamins and aids in digestion.
5. Guava – this tropical fruit is simply filled to the brim with nutrients. It has fiber, folate, Vitamin C, and B-vitamins. While it’s usually used in jams and jellies, guavas can be eaten raw with skin just like an apple.
6. Durian – for some it’s the “king of fruits”. Durian is actually great for you as it has vitamins A, C, B-6, iron, calcium and many more.
7. Chicken liver – usually consumed in pate style but it doesn’t need to be that way always. Chicken liver is packed with vitamins A and B12, iron, and folate which promotes fertility.
And there you go, some of the most unusual foods around but are actually delicious and good for you.